In addition to the exercises for hip and lower back imbalances suggested on that website I linked to earlier, I've been periodically trying squats with no weight to see if they hurt. They usually would after a few reps, but I just banged out a whole bunch of them and my lower body felt A-OK. So that end of my body is improving as well.
Costume progress: I ordered 10 yards of .73 oz fiberglass cloth, 1 1/2 pints of 30-minute EZ-Lam epoxy, and a dispenser for said epoxy last night. The plywood has flattened out nicely. I got a giant roll of plain wrapping paper at Michael's and started working on the sword pattern. I'm quite lucky that someone made a nice fanart (fair warning - it's bloody) showing the sword guard clearly, as it's difficult to see its shape in the official CG's (you can tell that it's gold and curvy, but that's about it). I have the handle and guard traced, and I've started plotting points so I can draw the blade. I also got a block of 1/2 inch plywood to use to thicken the guard and handle. (It's not going to be enough for all the pieces, but I at least wanted to pick some up to mess around with.)