?

Log in

No account? Create an account
 
 
28 March 2005 @ 02:12 am
*blink blink*  
Gah. I put about five hours of work into the surcoat tonight, and all I managed to do was iron the bottom trim (and pin it together in preparation for sewing it) and cut out two panels of brocade. Much to my dismay, I discovered that the brocade pattern is slightly distorted. It's unnoticeable if you're just looking at it, but it means that I won't be able to have it perfectly repeat around the garment. Bleh. So I'm matching up the edges as well as I can and giving priority to the upper half of the garment because that will ultimately be the most visible part of it. At least the overall effect will be much better than it would have been if I hadn't tried to match the pattern at all. I so cannot wait to get this thing into a picture-worthy state.
 
 
Current Mood: tiredtired
Current Music: R.E.M. - Fireplace